Topic 10 revision notes in downloadable word format.
GCSE Biology Revision: Pathogens & the Immune System , a 3m 13s lesson from Freesciencelessons.
A lesson on Vaccination and Immunity from Mr Dare:
– a 6m48s cartoon from Kurzgesagt (In a Nutshell): a little more detail than we need. The Immune System explained The Immune System is also covered in the video The Virtual Body – the Immune System (19m), The Edward Jenner Story (a 2m 38s cartoon) & in this short video from The Virtual School:
Topic 15 revision notes in downloadable word format; to complete.
A 5m 30s video presentation on from student Maddie Etherington. Drugs
for GCSE Edexcel Biology. Types of drugs, smoking and alcohol
Scientific Eye – Microbes & Disease – a 19m 13s video:
Scientific Eye – Microbes & Health – a 19m video:
Science in Action – Microbes – a 19m video.
How do vaccines work? – a TED-Ed lesson from Kelwalin Dhanasarnsombut:
What is a Fungus? – a TED-Ed lesson from the Naked Science Scrapbook:
– a TEDEd lesson from Jessica Green & Karen Guilleman. You and your microbes
One Body by XVIVO (2m 14s):
Get Body Smart : superb interactive, illustrated tutorials and quizzes on human anatomy and physiology.
This entry was posted in
6. Human Physiology and tagged defence, digestion, disease, gas exchange, homeostasis, hormones, nerves, physiology, reproduction, transport on . September 15, 2013
BioKnowledgy Presentation on 6.3 defense against infectious disease from Chris Paine
In Crash Course Biology #32 – , Hank tells us about the team of deadly ninja assassins that is tasked with protecting our bodies from all the bad guys that want to kill us – also known as our immune system. Your Immune System: Natural Born Killer
– a 4m 39s TEDEd lesson. The Germ Theory
from Tabletop Whale. Virus trading cards
– a 2m video from eMedTV. – and here How does blood clot . Here is a game on the process of blood clotting . Blood clotting factors
Phagocytosis videos: here and here
– a 1m video. Antibody production
Antibiotics – seven wonders of the microbe world – 4m 30s video. (a 3m video), and here is the Penicillin – the magic bullet : Dr. Karl Klose. Rise of the Superbug – Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria – an old video. The wonder drug
Antibotics don’t work on viruses. Here is how a virus invades a cell in Flu Attack!
HIV / AIDS
, a 7m video. Fantastic HIV and AIDS animated tutorials from McGraw Hill Education – HIV replication (how a retrovirus replicates) & how the HIV infection cycle works . (a TED-Ed lesson). Why it’s so hard to cure HIV/AIDS
Mr W sings I’m a Virus!: